Don’t hit delete! This isn’t your inbox. But if this was the place where your email goes to die, you would be on your way to trashing 20 percent of your messages already.
Or you would ignore them completely and just let them sit there, unopened, unread, unloved and all alone.
Or you wouldn’t find what you are looking for.
And none of these options are optimal for successful communication or engagement.
Let’s talk a little bit about why email is not the perfect tool for internal communications. So in no particular order:
- Clutter – First, there’s the clutter. There are too many messages, you can’t find what you’re looking for, and the important stuff gets lost in a sea of noise.
- Length – Next, your messages are too long. Email provides you with a platform to write messages that are sometimes like a novel. Nobody wants to read that at work, if at all.
- Media – Email doesn’t support media-rich content. So those videos that won’t download, or those pictures that you can’t see, they all go unseen. A missed opportunity for engaging with rich visual content.
- Feedback – How many of you scroll and scroll through those emails that are on a reply-all chain? Beyond who has opened what, email doesn’t allow instant feedback or easy feedback. on what’s being actually taken and by whom.
- Reach – Your email might not be reaching non-desk employees who don’t log into their email on a daily basis on a desktop or on their phones. Entire swathes of people might not be getting key information, and you have no real way of knowing.
Now the important part. Let’s talk about why an employee app like Sales Staff App is better for internal communications:
- Clutter and Length – First, an employee app cuts through the clutter with push notifications that land on employee’s phones and desktops right away, in real time. 90% of your workers will see those messages in 30 seconds or less. An employee app also allows content to be shared that is short, sweet, and seen.
- Media – It also allows media-rich content to be shared, whether it’s pictures or video, directly to the employees handset, in a format which we know they can view, interact with, talk about with their peers and retain the information they’ve seen for future use with consumers, customers and or clients.
- Feedback – Also, an employee app has features like surveys, and polls that invite instant feedback from your employees. We can invite employees to take part in quizzes to ensure they’re engaging with content and reward them for doing so. As they engage, businesses learn off the back of their activity.
- Reach – And last but not least, an employee app allows you to connect with non-desk workers, and that’s two-thirds of today’s workforce. Non-desk workers with an employee app are able to see messages and respond right away, whether that’s on their mobile device or on their desktop.
So as you can see, an employee app might just be that solution you’re looking for to ensure your workforce are digesting the things that matter to your business, rather than digging through a stack of emails or discarding key content into the digital abyss that is the email archive folder.
If you’d like more information about how Sales Staff App can help your business engage and influence your workforce, call James Mellor (at Blue Chip Marketing, the maker of Sales Staff App) on 0161 833 4300. We’d love to tell you more.